Affordable Alcohol Rehab, Flexible Hours
Bay Area Alcohol Intensive Outpatient Program IOP
Many problem drinkers become functional alcoholics. Functional alcoholics appear to be ok. They go to work every day and complete all projects on time. Most functional alcoholics are workaholics. And most are well-respected by their peers at work.
In fact, functional alcoholism often appears to work great. Functional alcoholism works for the user right up until the time it no longer works – because the user is being carried out by EMS personnel on a stretcher.
Often, a major obstacle to getting treatment is finding an alcoholism rehab program available at hours that fit with work, school and personal obligations. Support Systems Homes has intensive outpatient programs (IOP) for alcohol with flexible hours.
Do I Have a Drinking Problem?
According to a recent article in JAMA, The Journal of the American Medical Association, an estimated one out of every eight Americans struggles with an alcohol disorder.
“Substantial increases in alcohol use, high-risk drinking, and alcohol use disorder constitute a public health crisis.” Remarkable Increases in Alcohol Use Disorders
Problem drinking that becomes severe is given the medical diagnosis of “alcohol use disorder” or AUD. AUD is characterized by compulsive alcohol use, loss of control over alcohol intake, and a negative emotional state when not using. An estimated 16 million people in the United States have AUD.
Need Outpatient Alcohol Rehab Treatment?
Call Support Systems Homes NOW 408-370-9688
What is Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD)?
For the JAMA Psychiatry study, researchers used the DSM-IV definition laid out by the American Psychiatric Association in 1994. This definition combines factors of alcohol abuse and alcohol dependence.
Of 11 criteria given, the presence of two or more indicates an alcohol use disorder.
Six or more indicates a severe alcohol use disorder.
- Found that drinking—or being sick from drinking—often interfered with taking care of your home or family? Or caused job troubles? Or school problems?
- More than once gotten into situations while or after drinking that increased your chances of getting hurt (such as driving, swimming, using machinery, walking in a dangerous area, or having unsafe sex)?
- More than once gotten arrested, been held at a police station, or had other legal problems because of your drinking?
- Continued to drink even though it was causing trouble with your family or friends?
- Had to drink much more than you once did to get the effect you want? Or found that your usual number of drinks had much less effect than before?
- Found that when the effects of alcohol were wearing off, you had withdrawal symptoms, such as trouble sleeping, shakiness, restlessness, nausea, sweating, a racing heart, or a seizure? Or sensed things that were not there?
- Had times when you ended up drinking more, or longer, than you intended?
- More than once wanted to cut down or stop drinking, or tried to, but couldn’t?
- Spent a lot of time drinking? Or being sick or getting over other after effects?
- Given up or cut back on activities that were important or interesting to you, or gave you pleasure, in order to drink?
- Continued to drink even though it was making you feel depressed or anxious or adding to another health problem? Or after having had a memory blackout?
Who is a Good Candidate for Intensive Outpatient Rehab?
- Individuals with a strong personal commitment for alcohol recovery.
- Individuals comfortable with self-direction; outpatient rehab does not include 24 hour supervision.
- Those needing a less expensive substance abuse recovery option than inpatient residential treatment.
- Individuals with strong motivation for recovery; but have a variable work schedule.
Day and Evening IOP Outpatient Treatment Available
Intensive Outpatient Treatment IOP Required Attendance:
3 days a week, 3 hours per day; plus One Hour Per Week with Counselor, 10 hours total weekly
Support Systems Homes outpatient groups are offered several times throughout the week in the San Jose area during the day or at night; depending on individual needs. The length of time in the program varies with the individual and can be up to 90 days (more if needed).
IOPs allow individuals to remain in their own homes and communities, which can improve adjustment to community life. Outpatient treatment gives the opportunity to interact in a real world environment while benefiting from a peer-oriented, structured therapeutic program. Progress made along your individual treatment plan is assessed regularly by clinical staff.
Safe, supportive living in our sober living homes is highly recommended during the outpatient treatment process. (However, residence in one of our sober living homes is not required for program participation.)
Questions? Need Details?
Call Support Systems Homes NOW 408-370-9688
Our Bay Area Service Area
Support Systems Homes serves the cities of Campbell, Cupertino, Los Gatos, Milpitas, San Jose, Santa Clara, San Leandro, and San Francisco; as well as Santa Clara County, Alameda County, San Mateo County and the Greater Bay Area of Northern California.
DO I HAVE A SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROBLEM?
Just making it to work every day is not an indicator of physical or emotional health.
For help in looking honestly at your lifestyle, take our online Alcohol and Addiction Self Assessment.
QUESTIONS? OR NEED CONFIDENTIAL HELP WITH ADDICTION RECOVERY?
Support Systems Homes (SSH) is an internationally accredited, state-licensed substance abuse treatment program dedicated to the innovative and cost-effective treatment of chemical dependency (drug/alcohol addiction).
Based in Northern California’s San Francisco Bay Area, our San Jose rehab facilities provide confidential recovery services with a comprehensive structure of confidential addiction treatment programs, sober living environments, and affordable rehab services for those suffering from the diseases of alcoholism and drug addiction.
Support Systems Homes has drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs of the highest quality for the most affordable rates. We have a full spectrum of substance abuse treatment services.
Our addiction recovery services include alcohol detox, drug detox, residential treatment, day and outpatient substance abuse treatment; as well as aftercare with family drug and alcohol education, relapse prevention and multiple sober living environments located throughout Northern California. We are licensed by the State of California, and accredited by CARF.
HOW TO GET STARTED: ASSESSMENT AND INSURANCE VERIFICATION
We treat all communications with the utmost confidence; your communication to us is secured and never shared.
PLEASE CALL US 24/7 AT 408-370-9688.
Or use the forms below online.