Helping You Navigate the Legal System for Over 20 Years
Has addiction triggered a legal problem for yourself or a loved one? Many of our clients came to us after a judge ordered them to seek treatment. A few took the treatment option to avoid jail.
You don’t just get treatment when you come to Support Systems Homes though…you also get a legal advocate. Someone to help you navigate “the system” and works on your behalf.
We work very closely with the judicial system – attorneys, judges, probation officers, and parole officers – to coordinate treatment for individuals with current and/or prior legal issues. This works out to fewer steps you have to go through, an advocate who works with you as an individual…and most importantly, receiving the substance abuse treatment you need.
Have you been ordered to attend a recovery program by a judge?
Often, judges will use “alternative sentencing” in legal cases where addiction plays a role. In lieu of spending time in jail, the judge orders a person to undergo addiction treatment in an authorized rehab center.
If this has happened to you, you’re in the right place! SSH rehab centers are fully accredited and authorized for California’s legally-mandated supervised recovery programs.
You can expect the following from our Legal Advocacy professionals:
- Generation of acceptance letters, progress reports, and termination or completion letters.
- Appearance of a court liaison when necessary and upon court or probation request. Court Liaisons communicate with the Court on your behalf, and when necessary, physically appear in court to help move your case forward.
- Clients will report to scheduled court dates with a minimum of 5 documented & verified 12-step meetings, a copy of our program-generated progress letter, and a letter from a 12-step program sponsor.
- Program participants will have read and signed our rules and guidelines. Clients sign a release of confidentiality to ensure timely communication between us and referral entities regarding progress, willingness or lack of participation.
- We closely monitor the activity log-in/log-out sheets; each client is held accountable for times and destinations and is made available for probation or other court entities.
“What happens if I relapse while going through court-ordered treatment?”
It doesn’t happen often, thanks to our treatment programs’ structured approach. But in cases of relapse, we assure the client’s safety (and that of the local community) by temporarily moving you to:
- A dedicated detoxification or medical facility
- A safe house, such as a sponsor or clean and sober friend/relative
- A Sober Living Environment (SLE)
If a relapse occurs, we notify the necessary legal representatives via phone immediately.
Once the relapse passes, we will assess the client’s treatment program to determine if they need any changes. This may involve placing some extra restrictions on the client to keep them safe & on the path to recovery, such as:
- Restarting the length of the treatment program’s commitment
- Revoking weekend passes
- General daily structure changes to protect and support recovery
At Support Systems Homes, we believe treatment and supportive living are vital stepping-stones to successful recovery. Rehabilitation makes much more sense for individuals with Substance Abuse-related legal problems than time in jail. We believe that if you treat clients with dignity and respect, while teaching them accountability and responsibility, they’re far more likely to complete treatment and return to a clean, happy life.
Need Help with Court-Mandated Drug or Alcohol Recovery? Call SSH
Support Systems Homes is an internationally accredited, state-licensed substance abuse treatment program dedicated to the innovative and cost-effective treatment of chemical dependency (drug/alcohol addiction).
Based in Northern California, our San Jose rehab facility provides a comprehensive structure of treatment programs, sober living environments, and recovery services for those suffering from the diseases of alcoholism and drug addiction.