Advocacy to Help You Navigate the Legal System
Support Systems Homes advocates within the legal system on behalf of our clients.
We work very closely with the judicial system – attorneys, judges, probation officers, and parole officers – to coordinate treatment for individuals with current and/or prior legal issues. We work with clients who require the assistance of a highly respected provider in the field of substance abuse treatment.
Have you been ordered to attend a recovery program by a judge?
Come to Support Systems Homes! We are accredited and authorized for legally mandated supervised recovery programs.
You can expect the following from our Legal Advocacy Services:
- Generation of acceptance letters, progress reports, and termination or completion letters.
- Appearance of a court liaison when necessary and upon court or probation request. Please contact our main office at 408-370-9688 for more information. (Costs for out-of-area appearances may apply.)
- Clients will report to scheduled court dates with a minimum of 5 documented 12-step meetings, signed and verified, a copy of our program-generated progress letter, and a letter from a 12-step program sponsor.
- Program participants will have read and signed our rules and guidelines. Clients sign a release of confidentiality to ensure timely communication between us and referral entities regarding progress, willingness or lack of participation.
- We closely monitor the activity log-in/log-out sheets; each client is held accountable for times and destinations and is made available for probation or other court entities.
Fees for a Sober Living Environment are around $700 per month in March 2018. Any increase will be presented in advance.
In cases of relapse, we assure client and community safety by discharging the client to:
- Detoxification or medical facility
- A safe house, such as a sponsor or clean and sober friend/relative
- Sober Living Environment house transfer
If there is a relapse, referral entities will be notified immediately via fax and phone call.
We will also assess the client to create a viable Treatment plan.
If the client is allowed to stay, the following restrictions would apply:
- Program commitment length would begin again
- Revocation of weekend passes
- General restrictions to protect and support recovery
At Support Systems Homes, we believe treatment and supportive living are vital stepping-stones to successful recovery.
Support Systems Homes advocates rehabilitation as a viable and preferable alternative to jails/prison for individuals with substance abuse related legal problems. We believe in treating clients with dignity and respect while teaching them accountability and responsibility during all phases of treatment.
Need Help with Drug or Alcohol Recovery?
Support Systems Homes is an internationally accredited, state-licensed substance abuse treatment program dedicated to the innovative and cost-effective treatment of chemical dependency (drug/alcohol addiction).
Based in Northern California, our San Jose rehab facility provides a comprehensive structure of treatment programs, sober living environments, and recovery services for those suffering from the diseases of alcoholism and drug addiction.